The main services I offer are copyediting, proofreading, web editing and proofing, and transcription services. I can also rewrite and repurpose, or restyle any document for print or online circulation.
Having been freelance since 1986, I joined the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) in 1989, shortly after its inception. In 2012 I became an Advanced Professional Member (currently the highest grade of membership).
This year the SfEP gained chartered status and became the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP).
You can find my listing in the CIEP Directory.
I abide by the CIEP Code of Practice.
Past and present institutional clients include:
- Bodleian Library Publishing
- Bristol University Press/Policy Press
- The British Library
- Cambridge University Press
- Council of Europe
- Manchester University Press
- Oxford University Press
- Palgrave Macmillan
- Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art
- Polity Press
- SPCK/Inter-Varsity Press (IVP)
- TMF Group
- University of London Press